Thursday, June 7, 2007

NBA Finals Prediction

I wanted to post a quick prediction for the NBA Finals between the Spurs and the Cavs. Like this prediction I think the series will be over quickly. As much as I'd love to see LeBron step up and score 40 points/game, dominate like MJ used to, and take home a title, it aint happenin. The Spurs will absolutely dominate the Cavs inside and they won't make the same mistake Detroit did by sticking 1 guy on LeBron while everyone else stands around and watches. The Spurs are able to throw out double teams from all angles and confuse their opponents. This series won't be any different.

Prediction
Spurs in a sweep (4-0). I'll definitely watch game 1 tonight (let's call tonight's score as Spurs 96 - Cavs 78) but you'll have to wake me up when the series is over.
MVP - Tim Duncan (no-brainer) and I think LeBron will struggle more than most will think. I say he averages somewhere around 21 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists for the entire series. Definitely not enough to get the job done.


COMING ATTRACTIONS

I'll be posting an article tomorrow about the season finale of The Sopranos. Also, we'll have another installment of the world famous "Blurbs" some time this weekend, and look for another column on Monday or Tuesday.

The People's Champ

No comments: